GEGAC MEDICAL IS OPEN
Do you feel sick?
Symptoms of COVID-19 can range from mild illness to pneumonia. Some people will recover easily, and others may get very sick very quickly.
If you have serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing, call 000 for an emergency ambulance.
People with coronavirus may experience:
- symptoms such as coughing, a sore throat and fatigue
- shortness of breath
If you are concerned you may have COVID-19:
- use the symptom checker
- see how to seek medical attention
- see more about testing
The virus can spread from person to person through:
- close contact with an infectious person (including in the 24 hours before they had symptoms)
- contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze
- touching objects or surfaces (like doorknobs or tables) that have droplets from an infected person, and then touching your mouth or face
GEGAC Medical contact numbers:
IN AN EMERGENCY DIAL 000
GEGAC Medical: (03) 5150 0700 option 1
COVID-19 Hotline: 1800 675 398
Nurse on Call: 1300 60 60 24
If you have cold or flu symptoms, your appoint with a Doctor will be via Telehealth (phone) unless there is a requirement to see the Nurse. This will be negotiated with you.
Monday – Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
IMPORTANT: On your arrival at the Medical building the main door will be locked. Please press the buzzer to your left, take a seat and a staff member will be with you as soon as possible. Hand sanitiser is provided on the wall above the buzzer – you will be required to use it before being allowed to enter the building.
Protect yourself and others
Everyone must do the following things to slow the spread of COVID-19 and protect those who are most at risk.
See important advice on:
If you have travelled recently, see our advice for travellers.