The outbreak of COVID-19 (Corona Virus) has effected all organisations, big and small – and GEGAC is no different. BUT, we are, and always will be, here to provide support for our Community.
Do you think you’ve been exposed?
The links below will tell you what to do:
- Self-assessment – Isolate or test after being exposed to COVID-19
- Who should get tested for COVID-19? https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/getting-tested
- What to do if you are a close contact of a person diagnosed with COVID-19
- Vaccination and testing sites in Bairnsdale
GEGAC Medical Is Open
Contacting GEGAC Services
We are a vaccination provider.
GEGAC is an approved vaccination provider for the COVID-19 vaccines. We are happy to help provide COVID-19 immunisation for our local community. Our health professionals have all completed the mandatory training to ensure that our patients will receive the best standard of care.
Booking your COVID-19 vaccination appointment
When it is your turn to get vaccinated, you can call us on 03 5150 0760 to book your appointments.
Each vaccine needs two doses, each taken several weeks apart. You can book your second appointment after your first vaccination – your healthcare worker will be able to tell you how many weeks you will need to wait.
How to prepare for your COVID-19 vaccination
Before your vaccination appointment, you should make sure your details are up to date with Medicare. You can find information about how you can do this on the Services Australia website.
You can also read this patient factsheet developed by the Australian Government Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccination-preparing-for-covid-19-vaccination
Please do not go to your vaccination appointment:
- if you are feeling unwell with fever, cough, runny nose or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
- if you are waiting for COVID-19 test results, or have tested positive for COVID-19
- if you are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, or
- if you are in quarantine.
If you have had another vaccine in the 14 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please let us know as we may need to reschedule your appointment.
If you cannot make it to your vaccination appointment, please contact us to arrange a new appointment.
There is a large amount of information available to you and a lot of it is confusing and overwhelming. We have listed some key websites below:
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information:
- DHHS COVID-19 Page – everything you need to know in one place – symptoms, restrictions, emergency relief
- DHHS COVID-19 Daily Updates – the latest information
- Federal Department of Health – current situation and numbers
- National Indigenous Australians Agency – Mob specific information
- COOL COVID-19 Rap – A rap by Dja Dja Wurrung Elder Uncle Rick Nelson and his nephew Chase Nelson from central Victoria providing health information to all Mob
- Services Australia (Centrelink) – COVID-19 Specific Information
- Australian Taxation Office – COVID-19 Information